Saturday, October 10, 2009

We Love a Wild Weekend!




















We had such a wild weekend! Tyler, Becca and Skylar drove in from Richmond. Lori came in from Florida. Teresa, Becca's mom made the trek from Memphis and Ryan, Jenny and Benjamin, Becca's brother's family, came from Nashville!
On Friday, I was able to go with Ty, Becca and Sky to see an Ultrasound of the new baby! She was moving all around and looked adorable. It was so special to hear her little heartbeat already. On Friday evening, our dad came up for a visit. The girls enjoyed seeing their Grandpa! We had a nice time and went out to eat at Littons. Yum.
Saturday, the Vols actually played an exciting game against Georgia! While the guys were at the game, I prepared for the baby shower. Boy, was it crazy fun! There were babies everywhere, an abundance of pretty pink gifts, great friends, cousins, a couple aunts, an uncle, and a big spread of tasty food. James and I loved having our home so alive and watching Caroline socialize. Wow, does she love a party! I'm sure she will be asking about all of the babies for days to come.
Becca is a lovely pregnant mommy. Skylar is such a sweetie. It is amazing how much she grows between visits. She was ALL over the place! And I'm extremely proud of my little bro, Ty. I love seeing him as a father. I was soooo sad to see them drive away this morning. The next visit will probably be after "baby sis" is born next month. We can't wait! We are so fortunate to have incredible friends and a special family.

3 comments:

  1. Aww...that is going to make me cry! We had such a great time and really miss you guys!! Y'all know how to throw an awesome party. It was so great to see everyone and I love watching how excited Caroline gets too. She is quite the entertainer just like her mom and dad:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Minde,
    Thanks for the comment! Caroline is so cute! I hated to miss the shower, I was hoping to try to make it, but with all the people traveling with us in our car, I wasn't able to get there transportation wise...looks like it was so much fun and such cute kids everywhere!
    Take Care,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time! Caroline is adorable and I will never forget her saying "Minda, Minda" over and over again and then asking me about Bert! She cracks me up! Love her so much!

    ReplyDelete